21 inches Long Chokuto Sword, 17″ Long Polished Carbon Steel Blade, Kow Wood Scale with Brass Pommel, Brass Crafted Leather Sheath
- 21 inches long Chokuto sword
- 17″ long Hand forged Polished high carbon steel
- Round Kow wood scale with brass pommel and bolster
- Hand crafted Leather sheath with brass edging
- Hand forged polished High carbon steel blade
The chokutō (直刀, “straight sword“) is a straight, single-edged Japanese sword that was mainly produced prior to the 9th century. Its basic style is likely derived from similar swords of ancient China. Chokutō were used on foot for stabbing or slashing and were worn hung from the waist. Until the Heian period such swords were called tachi (大刀), which should not be confused with tachi written as 太刀 referring to curved swords.